With the economy as bad as it is, now is the time to consider lowering your credit card rate. The old saying holds true, “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.”
Many individuals don’t want to deal with service reps or managers. They figure it is a no win situation, so why try. This is a step by step tutorial on how to go about it.
- The back of your credit card will have a service phone number on it. Write this number down on an index card. Also write down the name of the company.
- After you call, you might have to listen closely so that you can dial the right representative that you need to talk to. You may have to hit 0 several times before your call goes through. You want to talk to a human being. That is why you have be persistent. On your index card, write down the representatives name. If you don’t understand it , ask them to spell it for you. This is an important step to do for future reference. It will also leave an impression with the representative as well.
- Once you make contact, tell the representative, that you would like to lower your rate. Explain that you have been a good customer and that the present state of the economy isn’t what it was twelve months ago. You don’t want to get into a long discussion with them. If the representative says no, then ask to speak to the manager. If these efforts fail, call again twenty minutes later. In most cases you will talk to someone else.
- Always mention that you might have to payoff the account or look elsewhere. These companies thrive on interest rates. If you have been good about paying your bills on time, remind them of this as well.
- Never be afraid to talk to another representative. If you have lost your job, be sure to bring that up as well.
- Now repeat this with your other credit cards, too. It may take some time to complete this process. However, it could save you big bucks in the long run. Once you do it a couple of times, you will find it easier to do.
- When you get your next statement (bill), double check to see if the rate has changed. If not, call them again. You have to be persistent and stick to your goals.
Note; Many times, the first representative that you talk to may have the authority to the lower the rate themselves. Each credit card company is different.
As there are different kinds of loans, you should understand the difference so that you will settle for the best loan without any issues. The type of loans that you can avail includes payday loans, a line of credit, installment loans, and revolving credit plans. The type of loan that you will get will be based on your State. You can review loan products very easily when you go for online loans. You can fill the online form so that the interest rate, amount and other features will be known very easily.
Payday loans are very popular and they will be paid back within 30 days. If you go for payday installment loans, there will be quick cash and there will be great flexibility. The loan can be paid within 4 to 6 months. By going for installment loans, there will be quick cash. You will have lower installment payment and it can be paid in 12 months. It is possible to repay your advance at any point with line of credit or revolving credit plans. In this cash, you can get multiple cash advances. You will have a cash reserve which can be utilized in case of emergencies.
It is possible to solve your issues very quickly when you choose the best service provider. The approval will be done very quickly when you go for online loans. If you would like to take a loan from a bank, you should want to fulfill extensive documentation. The verification will be done online and the confirmation will be made in less than 48 hours. If you are eligible for payday loan, the money will be transferred on the same day. There will be great satisfaction when you obtain loan from a reputed service provider. The money will be deducted from your account automatically so that there will not be any issues in repayment.
Cash loans for bad credit are a controversial subject. There are some people who believe that this is a very bad idea – and that the companies that offer such services are exploiting a corner of the market that is desperate, and in the worst position possible for borrowing. However, there are others who would argue that cash loans for bad credit are actually a valuable option – and that they provide people with something that they need at a time when it will have a very good impact for them.
For example, imagine if you are sick and need money to pay for prescriptions. A cash loan could tide you over while you can’t work. If your washing machine breaks down, then a cash loan for that will help you to cover the cost of repairs so that you have clothes to wear for work. These are examples of responsible borrowing to take care of an urgent need.
Of course there are times when a cash loan does not make sense. The interest rates charged by these lenders are very high, so you should not take out a loan to pay for a party, a holiday, or a gift for a friend. That would be irresponsible and it would likely lead to you being in an even worse situation financially when the loan comes due – because you will have to pay not just the loan, but the interest too, out of a paycheck that you otherwise would be spending on living expenses. The temptation to then take out another loan to cover you until your next paycheck is tempting – and what often happens is that people end up with multiple loans that they cannot afford to pay off.
Rather than borrowing from this kind of lender, it makes sense to think about using services like a credit union, or your own bank. These services tend to be lower interest, so they will not cost you as much in the long term. Credit unions in particular are usually more willing to help people with low incomes than mainstream lenders are – especially if you are saving a small amount with them. Get in touch with a credit union today and see if they can help you to find your financial independence, and break away from high interest rate charging short term lenders.
In this day and age, one would come to believe that getting cash loans for bad credit is as easy as 1-2-3. Unfortunately, if you have poor credit or you’ve defaulted on other loans, it’s next to impossible to get a loan from a traditional lender. Banks often see you as a potential risk, therefore, they can either choose not to approve your application or slap hefty interest rates on top that can be crippling over the years.
Are you doomed to get turned down by every single lender out there? Meanwhile, it can be harder to get cash loans for bad credit, rest assured that there are options available to you. Perhaps these options are a bit more limited than if you were to have a desirable credit score, but nonetheless, there are two things you can do.
There is something called peer-to-peer lending. In this case, the lender is actually not a bank but an average citizen such as yourself. Usually, your credit does play a role in the final decision, but peer-to-peer lenders are willing to look at work history as well as references before making the final call.
The easiest option that many people in dire situations tend to lean towards is payday loans, also commonly referred to as cash advance loans. Payday loan lenders are willing to deal with everyone, including those that have poor credit, but you must have steady income and be employed. These types of loans are meant to be short-term as they need to be paid back from your next paycheck and that also includes the additional interest rates the lender is charging. When you borrow from payday lenders, there’s no chance you will get into debt, but keep in mind that the interest rates do add up, so borrow responsibly.